We pledge to respect your privacy, to be transparent about our data practices, to keep your data safe, to never sell your personal data, to let you decide how your information is shared, and to only collect data that helps us improve our products and services.
Because we’re always looking for new and innovative ways to help you achieve your fitness goals, this policy may change over time, but any future changes will not affect data that was collected under a previous version of this policy. If any modifications substantially change your rights, we will send an email summarizing the changes to the address associated with your Hyper account and provide notice on the Site.
And remember, we’re here to help. If something in this policy does not make sense or if you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Here’s what we’ll cover:
- What Data Does Hyper Collect?
- How We Use Your Data
- What Data May be Shared With Third Parties?
- How Long We Save Your Data
- How To Edit or Modify Data
- How To Deactivate Your Hyper Account
- Hyper’s Policies For Children
- Can I Opt-out Of Receiving Hyper Emails?
- How Does Hyper Keep My Data Safe?
- How Does Hyper Handle Data From International Visitors?
- Does Hyper Honor “Do Not Track” Signals?
- Contact Us
When We Collect Data
CREATE A HYPER ACCOUNT
When you create a Hyper account, we ask for some personal information, including your email address and date of birth. We do not display your email address to other users. Instead, others will see the name or nickname you enter in your profile settings.
You can also create your Hyper account using a different credential such as a Facebook account. We will ask permission to access basic information from that account, such as your name, profile picture, and friend list. You can stop sharing that information with us at any time by removing Hyper’s access to that account.
ADD INFO TO YOUR ACCOUNT
You can personalize your Hyper profile by adding other types of information to your account, such as a new email address or posting photos and videos of your achievements. Whenever you add this type of data, we collect it and store it in your Hyper account.
VISIT OUR SITES
BUY FROM OUR STORE
We do not view or store your credit card information. This is handled by our third-party payment processor. We store your shipping address so we can process your order through our fulfillment partner. If you are logged into your Hyper account when you purchase something on our Site, we associate that order with your Hyper account.
Whenever you contact Hyper for help, we collect your name and email address along with additional information you provide in your request so that we can provide you with assistance and improve the Hyper Service. You can also contact Hyper on public forums such as Twitter or Facebook; however, we cannot maintain the privacy of your communication to us if you contact us through these channels.
Why we collect data
Hyper uses your data to provide you with the best experience possible, to help you make the most of your fitness and training, and to improve and protect the Hyper Service. Here are some examples:
- Contact information is used to send you notifications and to inform you about new features or products we think you would be interested in. Please see “Can I Opt-out Of Receiving Hyper Emails?” for information on how you can opt-out of future communications.
- Data and logs are used in research to understand and improve the Hyper Service; to troubleshoot the Hyper Service; to detect and protect against error, fraud or other criminal activity; and to enforce the Hyper Terms of Service.
- De-identified data that does not identify you may be used to inform the health community about trends; for marketing and promotional use; or for sale to interested audiences. See “Sharing of De-identified Data That Does Not Identify You” to learn more.
What kinds of data we share
DATA THAT COULD IDENTIFY YOU
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is data that includes a personal identifier like your name, email or address, or data that could reasonably be linked back to you. We will only share this data under the following circumstances:
- With companies that are contractually engaged in providing us with services, such as order fulfillment, email management and credit card processing. These companies are obligated by contract to safeguard any PII they receive from us.
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, valid legal process (e.g., subpoenas or warrants served on us), or governmental or regulatory request, to enforce or apply the Terms of Service or Terms of Sale, to protect the security or integrity of the Hyper Service, and/or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Hyper, its employees, users, or others. If we are going to release your data, we will do our best to provide you with notice in advance by email, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so.
DATA THAT DOES NOT IDENTIFY YOU (DE-IDENTIFIED DATA)
Hyper may share or sell aggregated, de-identified data that does not identify you, with partners and the public in a variety of ways, such as by providing research or reports about health and fitness or as part of our Premium membership. When we provide this information, we perform appropriate procedures so that the data does not identify you and we contractually prohibit recipients of the data from re-identifying it back to you.
DATA THAT YOU DIRECT US TO SHARE
How Long We Save Your Data
We store your PII for as long as you maintain a Hyper account.
How To Edit or Modify Data
Data that you provide to Hyper through the Site can be modified from your dashboard or Hyper account preferences. If you remove data from your Hyper account, it will no longer appear to you or others who use the Hyper Service. Backups of that data will remain associated with your Hyper account and in our archive servers.
How To Deactivate Your Hyper Account
You can deactivate your Hyper account by contacting Customer Support. When you do, data that can identify you will be removed from the Hyper Service, including but not limited to your email, name, photo(s), friends list and links to sites such as Facebook. Backup copies of this data will be removed from our server based upon an automated schedule, which means it may persist in our archive for a short period. Hyper may continue to use your de-identified data after you deactivate your account.
Hyper’s Policies For Children
Hyper is not directed at persons under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect any PII from children under 13. If you are aware of a user under the age of 13 using Hyper, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I Opt-out Of Receiving Hyper Emails?
Of course! You can opt-out of receiving promotional emails by changing the notification preferences in your account settings or by unsubscribing via the “Unsubscribe” link in any Hyper email. Opting-out of these emails will not end transmission of important service-related emails that are necessary to your use of the Hyper Service.
How Does Hyper Keep My Data Safe?
Hyper uses a combination of technical and administrative security controls to maintain the security of your data. If you have a security-related concern, please contact Customer Support.
How Does Hyper Handle Data From International Visitors?
The Hyper Service is hosted and operated entirely in the United States and is subject to United States law. Any personal information that you provide to Hyper is being transferred to Hyper for use solely in the United States and will be hosted on United States servers. You consent to the transfer of your personal information to the United States. If you are accessing the Hyper Service from outside the United States, please be advised that United States law may not offer the same privacy protections as the law of your jurisdiction.
Hyper has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Safe Harbor Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR website at www.bbb.org/us/safe-harbor-complaints for more information and to file a complaint.
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE
Cookies are text files that are sent by servers to web browsers and stored on your computer. They tell us which parts of the Hyper Service you’ve visited so we can figure out which promotions you may like to see or to alert you to software compatibility issues.
Web beacons and pixel tags are images embedded in a webpage or email for the purpose of measuring and analyzing usage and activity. Hyper, or third party service providers acting on our behalf, may use web beacons and pixel tags to help us analyze usage and improve our functionality.
DOES HYPER HONOR “DO NOT TRACK” SIGNALS?
Although we would like to honor the browsers set with a “Do Not Track” signal, the Sites do not currently respond to a DNT or similar signal as it awaits the results of efforts by the policy and legal community to determine the meaning of DNT and the proper way to respond.
You can email us with any questions or comments at email@example.com.
7411 Belva Drive
Huntington Beach, CA 92647